IGNORED

Article: RME ADI-2 DAC FS Review

10 hours ago, Bill_G said:

"If someone claims that he or she can hear differences between “properly designed” DACs, two questions inevitably, and quickly, follow: Was the listening level matched? Was the listening blind? If the answers to both questions are “yes,”..."

were those 2 things done for this RME review?

BTW, Rajiv laid out a nice list of why different DACs might sound different - if you search under his username, or for "sticky" and mine you'll find it

My vote goes for analog stages in the DAC...

Unfortunately, "no one has ever heard a difference” is just as valid a comment as "DACs do sound different" since there has been no valid testing done.

I know you are certain of your listening results (just as I know that you re an excellent listener, and excellent at verbalizing the differences you perceive).   But at least single blind testing is critical to establish the proposition.

Until BAS or someone does this, consumers are left to do their own testing (which they'd have to do anyway for a specific make/model).

OTOH, you might also give listening impressions on whether the differences you perceive among DACs are generally greater or less than among various different masterings...

I am using terms like heard & perceived; listening comparison vs. listening tests carefully in the above...

• 4 weeks later...