IGNORED

Digione Player - Unable to access

Welly

I Received a Digione Player from Allo in October and I have been using it happily since then.
System details:
RPi 3B+
Digione
Shanti Power supply
32GB eMMC.
Aluminium case
Volumio 2.657

Problem Description

Problem is, I was using it over the weekend to listen to Radio Paradise. Everything was fine on Saturday morning. I Stopped playback mid morning and went to do some other stuff. Came back to it in the afternoon and I could not even connect to the player. It's been this way ever since. NO changes were made to the system configuration between these two points in time.

Fault Finding

I did some fault finding and the results were as follows:

1. While still connected to ethernet:
Pinged player - "Host unreachable" or "request timed out".
Tried to SSH to player - No luck
Checked connected devices in Fing and on my home Modem Modem/Router - Device was not listed.

Pulled the power and waited for a suitable time to restart. Ping and SSH result the same as above.

Pulled Ethernet cable in the hope that player would appear. No luck. Pulled power and restarted. Still unable to see machine on network.

NOTE: I'm unable to see the LEDs on the RPi board, since its in the aluminium case., but I can see a green light on the Digione HAT if iI look through a gap in teh case near the BNC connector.

2. Flashed new Volumio card (Micro SD, because that's the only spare I had).

Inserted and started machine up. Device did not show up on network (even default hotspot). Still unable to connect.

3. I have a second RPi digione player that I use in a separate system.
To rule out the power supply and ethernet being at fault, I connected the secondary player to the Shanti and normal ethernet port with the same cabling. Started it up.

Everything works just fine. This rules out the power supply or the ethernet connection being at fault.

What I haven't done yet:

1. I haven't put the eMMC card into the secondary RPi - I figured that there was not much point, since a newly flahed card did not work on the new player.
2. I haven't opened the case to see the status of the on board LEDs when booting.

Next Steps

Is there anything else I can try?

Can anyone provide any suggestions for a next step?

5 hours ago, Welly said:

I Received a Digione Player from Allo in October and I have been using it happily since then.
System details:
RPi 3B+
Digione
Shanti Power supply
32GB eMMC.
Aluminium case
Volumio 2.657

Problem Description

Problem is, I was using it over the weekend to listen to Radio Paradise. Everything was fine on Saturday morning. I Stopped playback mid morning and went to do some other stuff. Came back to it in the afternoon and I could not even connect to the player. It's been this way ever since. NO changes were made to the system configuration between these two points in time.

Fault Finding

I did some fault finding and the results were as follows:

1. While still connected to ethernet:
Pinged player - "Host unreachable" or "request timed out".
Tried to SSH to player - No luck
Checked connected devices in Fing and on my home Modem Modem/Router - Device was not listed.

Pulled the power and waited for a suitable time to restart. Ping and SSH result the same as above.

Pulled Ethernet cable in the hope that player would appear. No luck. Pulled power and restarted. Still unable to see machine on network.

NOTE: I'm unable to see the LEDs on the RPi board, since its in the aluminium case., but I can see a green light on the Digione HAT if iI look through a gap in teh case near the BNC connector.

2. Flashed new Volumio card (Micro SD, because that's the only spare I had).

Inserted and started machine up. Device did not show up on network (even default hotspot). Still unable to connect.

3. I have a second RPi digione player that I use in a separate system.
To rule out the power supply and ethernet being at fault, I connected the secondary player to the Shanti and normal ethernet port with the same cabling. Started it up.

Everything works just fine. This rules out the power supply or the ethernet connection being at fault.

What I haven't done yet:

1. I haven't put the eMMC card into the secondary RPi - I figured that there was not much point, since a newly flahed card did not work on the new player.
2. I haven't opened the case to see the status of the on board LEDs when booting.

Next Steps

Is there anything else I can try?

Can anyone provide any suggestions for a next step?

Forwarded PM please check

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi All,

I am new to the forum.

I'm having this very same issue now (January 2023) with an Allo DigiOne I purchased in October 2019. I use Volumio as the OS. 

The device suddendly became unreachable via Volumio mobile app, or PC internet browser (http://volumio.local).

The DigiOne is wired to the LAN, but its Ethernet port lights (typical green and yellow lights) are off, although the switch and network cable are OK (tested on a PC).

I replaced the RPi board but the situation remains the same.

I will try and download Volumio again on a different SD Card (and try to sell the new RPi, as it doesn't seem to be solving the issue.... :-( ).

Hovever, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Alejandro