Hey guys first post here. 

me and some others have been discussing on other audio forums how Qobuz for Mac does not offer an exclusive mode. 

is that very difficult to implement ? 

One of the reasons I and others subscribe to Qobuz is for the audio quality 

but if Qobuz doesn’t offer exclusive mode on Mac , then it isn’t bitperfect.  Or it is going through the iOS mixer.  

(……and I was wondering why Qobuz sounds different than playing Qobuz through Audirvāna which does offer exclusive mode.  )

any idea on if this will be implemented?

I and others want to know whether what we are streaming is bitperfect and sounds the way it’s supposed to.  

Thank you in advance. 

On 2/2/2023 at 7:07 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi @Nkam welcome to Audiophile Style. 

There is a popular micsonception that an app without exclusive control of the interface isn't bit perfect. This is incorrect. For the most part, exclusive access means exactly what the name says. Only the app with exclusive access can access the interface. Exclusive access has nothing to do with bit perfection, sample rate switching, or routing through the OS mixer. These are all separate from exclusive mode. 

I assure you that Qobuz is bit perfect in all my testing over the years.

i would like to have Qobuz have an exclusive mode as that is what Audirvāna has, Roon , and ugh Tidal.   
i don’t want to go back to Tidal. 

those others have it for a reason. 

and I haven’t heard a response from Qobuz so far. 
that’s not the best 

I mean come on.  
we are here because we love Qobuz.  

we wouldn’t be asking for something if we didn’t like it 

cheers 

12 hours ago, Jud said:

My impression is that exclusive mode is for the purpose of not having you hear other sounds from your computer during listening (for example, if you have an audio signal for incoming mail). If such sounds are not interrupting your listening, or if you want to hear such alerts, then no problem. So I don’t think it’s a matter of sound quality during normal listening.

also if the Qobuz player is allowing for other things to be played at the same time, it means it’s going through the Mac mixer.   The Mac mixer may or not allow but perfect playback.   That is a fact ( that it’s going through the mixer) 

so I don’t know why the folks at Qobuz don’t add integer mode and exclusive mode.