IGNORED

Piano 2.1 loss of Sound and getting hot!

A few months ago I purchased an Allo Kali and a Piano 2.1 DAC direct from Allo to upgrade from my existing Allo Boss DAC.

Using a RiPi 3b and Volumio 2.587.

Assembled using an antistatic wrist strap, powered up and set Volumio for the Piano 2.1, but could not get sound.  Removed the Kali and then got sound from the Piano 2.1 connected direct to the RiPi, but after a few minutes the sound starts to distort and the large inductor? marked 152 starts to get hot.

The Ripi and the original Boss works fine so no obvious external to the Piano 2.1 issues.

Not had chance to look into this over the summer (sometimes life gets in the way of pleasure pursuits!)

Just tested again and had the same issues.

Advice please on returning under warranty.

Thanks

Mick

11 hours ago, MickC said:

A few months ago I purchased an Allo Kali and a Piano 2.1 DAC direct from Allo to upgrade from my existing Allo Boss DAC.

Using a RiPi 3b and Volumio 2.587.

Assembled using an antistatic wrist strap, powered up and set Volumio for the Piano 2.1, but could not get sound.  Removed the Kali and then got sound from the Piano 2.1 connected direct to the RiPi, but after a few minutes the sound starts to distort and the large inductor? marked 152 starts to get hot.

The Ripi and the original Boss works fine so no obvious external to the Piano 2.1 issues.

Not had chance to look into this over the summer (sometimes life gets in the way of pleasure pursuits!)

Just tested again and had the same issues.

Advice please on returning under warranty.

Thanks

Mick

Forwarded PM please check

• 2 years later...
18 hours ago, ou said:

hello, MickCI have the same issue with hot inductor (152) with Piano 2.1, what was the resolution for you?

Thanks

Hello, 

Allo asked for my original order number and once they confirmed the Piano 2.1 was still in warranty, they shipped out a replacement which has worked ok ever since. 

Regards

Mick