IGNORED

Issue with USBridge and "split" USB cable

Alphecca

Hi...

My setup: Sparky/Usbridge with Volumio to USB Regen (powered by ifi iPower) using data-leg of a YFS "split" usb cable, then Regen to ifi iDac2 using Curious USB.  The power leg of the YFS cable isn't connected to anything, as the Regen supplies power over the Curious cable via it's own supply.

This works fine, but I'm thinking I don't need the Regen any longer...but the iDac2 is usb powered.  Planning to get an LPS, but in the short term, I thought I could take the Regen out of the data path as follows:

Connect the data leg of the YFS cable directly to the iDac2...then connect the OUTPUT side of the Regen to the power leg of the YFS cable...letting it continue to power the iDac2 as before.

When I do this, I get lights on the DAC as expected, and Volumio boots.  Most everything looks good...Volumio will act like it's playing a track...but no sound.  Tried rebooting again, nothing.  Restored everything to the original configuration and it all works fine.

As I said I'd like to get an LPS for the DAC (and for the USBridge), but if there's something about this configuration (which I don't think is unusual) that won't let that work, I need to solve it or at least confirm it.

Any suggestions welcome...thanx.