IGNORED

USBridge loses network connection after idling

I've been using my USBridge as a standalone streamer with Volumio (connected to the PC-USB input of my Outlaw RR2160) for about a month now.  The device is really great and I'm generally quite happy with the performance.  Volumio still has some improvement to be made, but it's generally serviceable.

However, the problem I'm having is when I'm not actively streaming.  Basically, if I let the USBridge idle for a while (usually a day or so) I'll come back to find it disconnected from the network. I've got it connected via a good-quality ethernet cable and have assigned a static IP (both within the Volumio settings and in the router, and yes, the same value for both).  When it disconnects, it's truly disconnected: no ping response on the IP, the Volumio app and volumio.local addresses can't find it, and it doesn't even show as a connected device on the router.  I don't have a keyboard and monitor setup connected to the USBridge because it was never intended to be used as such, so the only way I've found to regain access is to power cycle (i.e. unplug and replug the power supply).  When it boots up, everything works just fine... until I let it idle again.  As long as I'm actively streaming it never loses connectivity.  So, it seems as though something is going into some kind of idle/sleep state, but there's no way to wake it remotely.

I'm able to SSH into the USBridge and I'm fairly capable of working in the shell, but it's been a while since I've done much Linux work (and nothing in the RPi type ecosystem) so I'm not sure what to look for here.  I'm on the most recent Volumio version (well, the most recent that the OTA will install, anyway, v2.586, even though I see that 2.587 is available to download via the website).  Any suggestions on how to deal with this would be greatly appreciated because it's a pain to have to manually power cycle the thing (and I also worry about eventually corrupting the memory card).