IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

not sure if i need to start a new thread or not so please excuse me i dont mean to step on existing threads.

I just purchased a urendu and connected it to a chordqutest DAC to stream my music from a synology nas.  Functionally, everything works but with DSD streaming i get pops and clicks (not at start of music but during playback). FLAC files play flawlessly. I have switched software from jriver to audinirvana which had no impact. I switched to a different DAC and it got worse. The rendu uses the TWL"Dongle"USBCable & an UpTone Audio UltraCap LPS-1 power supply.

In jriver the rendu is setup only as a dlna server connected to the nas and the rendu  as an audiophile dac and the mode being original.

I have tried changing every setting within the rendu and jriver (also audinirvana) that i can to see if i can filter out the pops and clicks but to no avail. The quetest makes your list as a DAC the rendu can work with.  I have probably left out a bunch of necessary info but appreciate anyone asking the appropriate questions needed to fill in the missing info.

I have searched endlessly for someone with a similar problem but most are not using the rendu as a dlna server which simplifies the setup but reduces the flexibility to make tweaks.

Thanks in advance for any assistance to help. I have acquired a deep selection of SACD discs that have been ripped using the sonore software.  BTW i have tried these files on a portable DAP that plays DSF files and i think i can eliminate the source files as the problem.

Just to make sure we are speaking of the same thing. The rendu (server?) is connected via a switch which connects to the router. The rendu is connected via a 10ft cat6 cable to the switch (dlink) and the delink has a ~10ft cat6 cable to the router. The NAS (connected via cat6)  is on the same switch as the rendu.

sonore did not instruct me to create the custom DAC. i tried it since it was not working properly.without it. we are forced to solve problems by trial and error in since the documentation is horrible for both the microrendu and jriver.

BTW it is NOT the cause of the problem since the problem was there before it was created.

The jriver wiki states to do what i did with the DAC. i tried using it with the generic but clearly did not have it set up correctly since i got no sound at all. IT is there contention that in dlna mode the software does nothing other than provide an interface and does nothing to the sound. if so, using their audiophile DAC setup makes the most sense

Unfortunately we are forced to use forums to solve problems due to lack of decent documentation. Posting hoping someone else has had the same problem and knows the fix or getting input back from the product designer

Before i posted here i spent dozens of hours searching and trying different things hoping to find a solution. I first tried Jriver who emphatically believe in DLNA mode it cannot be their problem instead, is the rendu.

SAD, Every link in my chain points at not it not being their problem and blaming something else. All hoping i will go away,.

IMHO Its likely not a DAC issue, I have tried two other DACs with the same result. 0-3 seems to point to it being something else. Unfortunately i dont know what it is and the support from each of the components have been of no help.

Unless its deleted, tt least this post will be searchable and other potential buyers wanting to use a rendu as a dlna server, combined with a synology NAS and a variety of DAC's may provide results less than desirable. DSD files sound worse than mp3. Hopefully they wont waste their money on expensive products that dont work together.

jcn3

Thank you.

Your response was very helpful.

FYI, i did not create a custom dac. All i did was click on that tab and renamed the file from its default to the name i chose. I did nothing else. If that counts as setting up a new DAC? I am guilty. But i never changed any setting (only the name) from the default. I dont even know how to do that. Regardless, i will go delete it. I promise it wont matter but do understand we need to eliminate all the potentials of the clicks and pops.

i will also go into jriver and make those changes. I thought everything was already set as "original". Thanks for pointing that out.

You are absolutely correct Mike. That is exactly what jriver said and why i set it up that way. Also the same conclusion which is it is not a jriver issue. it is either the DAC or rendu. i started with jriver and was convinced it was not their problem. i came here looking for help next.

My dac is processing in native resolutions, there is no processing going on by either the dac or jriver.

I think i have fixed the issue but before i move on, i want to give it one more test to make sure.

I have been using a microrendu in my stereo setup for a couple of years. paired with a quetest dac, jriver and my music files on NAS (FLAC and DSF) it has worked flawlessly.

Yesterday, jriver no longer sees the rendu and when i try to access the rendu webpage page, i get the site cannot be reached. I have unplugged and replugged the power supply, the rendu, the network cable and the router. still nothing. The lights on the rendu are lit (both power and ethernet). I assumed its not a ps issue since the rendu turns on but maybe that is a mistake (either way i dont have another so i cannot check to see which one it is).

This has never happened and was wondering what else i can do to test to see if the unit is still functional.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

are you referring to the NAS? if so, cant be because i can access it and play from it using any other dlna server that are on my network (i have 2 others). The reason i need the rendu is because it iss the only one that can play DSF SACD files. 

I have emailed SGC on another issue so when i hear from them, i may ask for help

Thanks for the suggestion