IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

15 hours ago, Jud said:

My reading indicates the Oppo supports input rates up to DSD512.  If that's correct, I would try upsampling to DSD256 (maximum available with Apple equipment feeding the DAC), if the iMac can handle it.  If it can, try the B8, B7, or C modulator.  If it can't, upsample to the maximum PCM rate available (I believe 384kHz with the iMac).

For Sox settings, you can see whether adjusting pre-ringing up or down from the default sounds better.  I also personally like to adjust the filter length as short as possible, but you may find it doesn't make a particle of difference.

I'd suggest leaving the other settings at default.

Jud, thanks so much for taking your time to research my issue. I followed your advice and seems to sound great. The OPPO205 DaC section has an "Up-sample DAC input" that I leave it on, I tried off but I do not think I can hear any difference.  Nevertheless I am wondering if the Audirvana is already upsampling to DSD256 and the Oppo is upsampling too the input coming from the Audirvana,  is this double upsampling too much or redundant??. Once again thanks

33 minutes ago, Jud said:

DACs don't upsample DSD, so if you send DSD256, the DAC won't touch it with any upsampling filters, just convert it to analog at the final analog filter stage.  (In some sense this is "upsampling," since analog has an infinite number of "samples." :) But it's not what people mean when they talk about upsampling.)

Edit: There is also a filter to remove the ultrasonic DSD noise.

Once again, thanks so much for your help and patience. Have a good weekend

On 3/23/2019 at 12:51 PM, Jud said:

DACs don't upsample DSD, so if you send DSD256, the DAC won't touch it with any upsampling filters, just convert it to analog at the final analog filter stage.  (In some sense this is "upsampling," since analog has an infinite number of "samples." :) But it's not what people mean when they talk about upsampling.)

Edit: There is also a filter to remove the ultrasonic DSD noise.

The filter to remove the ultrasonic DSD noise is in Audirvana?

5 hours ago, rruffin said:

Thanks, Jud. I have been using your Jud 2 (great ensemble clarity) and Jud 3 (great soundstage fuller sound) izotope settings for the last year or two. Played around with SoX when first introduced in Audirvana, but could never find anything with as fun imaging. Damien said that the izotope filters would eventually be available in 3.5 for the old heads, so will be able to compare then. Thanks to you and Matthias for your suggestions. 

Please, would you repeat the Jud3 set up values, thanks

Damien. Would be possible in the new A+ version include some guidelines or defaults for the Converters and Parameters, specially considering that both will be available? I know that every audio system is different and they just be adjusted accordingly, but for people like me, a low level aficionado, is impossible without a base-line to play/adjust with the innumerable options available. 

• 2 weeks later...

What is the safest way to install the new version 3.5?. I read quite a few comments about the need after installing the new version of bugs and to delete preferences, etc,

Before installing the new version, should I delete the old one, but how about the preferences? Or should I delete the old after the new?

Thanks for any help

Jorge

1 hour ago, Andrey said:

I have included- giving a more surround sound, and prevents the appearance of artifacts while using the Safari.

P.S 

The sound of version 3.5 is really beautiful, smooth comfortable while maintaining detail and resolution.Thanks Damien!

Thanks Andrey, so it is on for I/O Buffer?