IGNORED

New OSX Opensource audiophile player : Audirvana

damien78

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, there is something buggy going on with this version that needs immediate attention:

The first time you try to play a song, you get wrong frequency (from 44.1->33) if you open midi audio you will witness the change.

If you play this song again it will play in the correct frequency setting!

From there on it alternates from correct to something else each time you press play button. Basically you have to play-stop-play to play correctly :P

Nice changes and development but this needs a quick update.

I also noticed a bug in channels too: one .mp3 file played with only one channel(it was a podcast) but could not replicate this with other mp3s from itunes library

Yes, because you are running Audirvana into exclusive access mode. When you do so, it uses itunes as a library management db only.

But if you uncheck exclusive mode, then you also have full control of itunes as well as Audirvana (you can play using both players, even at the same time!)

edit: playing together makes for some fun mess with echo lol, but actually you don't need itunes when you run audirvana, so exclusive mode is the way.

Very nice changes btw with this patch

Ok I have tested latest patch with several Dacs, and latest test was with a 2GB old mini with the halide bridge. All previous stuttering -if it existed- is now gone, forced to play a 24/96 file using both apple core sound and the other one both at max oversampling, integer on, best quality. No problems at all and it seems that files now load like 2x faster. Is that normal?

Before the patch, checking the max oversampling was producing cpu overtimes, now this has gone. Is that normal?

It has like itunes stability on my limited mini but is blazing fast and plays natively flac files!