IGNORED

Win Server 2019/2016 General questions and discussions

Solid-State

Hi Tubeman,

Thank you for your comments on SQ using JPlay Femto, Minimserver and BubbleUPnP.  I will now try that combination.

Minimserver is a great program that I used for quite a while with Upplay and Jplay, and even as another library within JRiver.  But JRiver is just so convenient and comprehensive to use.  And I do get great SQ from my EMM Reference DA2 using the Meitner 2.0 (wasapi) driver and Server 2019 Standard, Desktop.  Alas I simply cannot get JRiver to run with AO through Win Server 2019 Standard (Core) although I have used JRiver/AO for a couple of years with Win Server 2012 in core.  I presume it is a Server 2019 glitch that Phil will likely amend as AO beta evolves to its final release.  Beyond my skills.

I have considered other alternatives.  BHE was great but I tired of the almost daily updates and the fiddling around to keep it working.  Hysolid seems really good but is often reported to have issues coping with a large library of music files (I have not tried it).  Upplay was worth a spin with JPlay and Minim... but lacks the sophistication of JRiver.  Linn Kinsky has added sophistication but did not reach the JRiver levels.  Hoping to once again settle down to extended listening rather than learning command lines and forever doing clean installs ....

Cheers,   Ron

Thank you, Phil.  Another stimulating challenge for me to implement.  I am now running 2019 Standard (Desktop) with JPlay FEMTO, FEMTO streamer and Kinsky and AOb36 (2 - D) and am delighted by SQ.  Another lift with actual player as shell will be a bonus. 

I also interpret your post to mean that core has SQ advantages over desktop (certainly it did in my previous 2012 R Install) so I still have much to look forward to ...