IGNORED

I need a music streamer with no dac?

Arken

every review i have read that compares the sotm to the sonore preferred sotm...i never read computeraudiophiles review...but it doesn't sound like it was a comparable review if the PS was not comparable....plus many of the people in the monster thread ditched their sonores to go to sotm, and then later to just go to a $50 linux solution...that's where i would look, if i was looking.

4 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Debate aside:)

The microRendu start at 429 for B-Stock unit. These B-Stock units have a new processor, new mSD card, new case, new box, new warranty card, and recertified I/O board. If you order a B-Stock unit with an iFi that comes out to 478 USD.  If you order a B-Stock unit with a linear supply that comes out to 569 USD.

This is what I can do (this weekend only in celebration of the big game) and you most purchase via www.sonore.us:

Buy B-Stock unit with a linear supply and I'll refund you via PayPal 50 USD. That is in addition to free shipping which you get anyways. After purchase just email [email protected] a link to this thread. Offer end at midnight 2/3/2019.

FYI Hans had a pre-production unit with cut traces and a jumper wire and should never have done a comparison review with that unit.

i must admit that sounds awfully tempting....

9 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

How much would you really have spent if you followed that thread:)

$50...or i forget how much the actual cost of the linux was....but i followed it as much as i cared to and bought the linux...I still have not implemented it though, but it was the only thing i thought was worthy of consideration in that entire 1000 page thread.

In all seriousness though, if i would opt for the sotm or the sonore, i would likely buy the sonore because i don't believe the digital front end should really make a difference and sonore is less....not because i thought the sonore got better reviews....it's nice the enet->usb intfc supports roon, but i am not a roon user.  

It would be nice if archmiago's blind test in other thread included both the sonore and sotm...but i doubt he did....my guess is that honest opinion would not be able to distinguish, given same ps, dac, amp, speakers....so might as well go with what's less.