IGNORED

DigiOne Signature Bundle problems

Purchased digione signature bundle and have had the following problems:

1.  Could not connect to network when using ethernet.  Was evantually able to get a connection using wireless and set up in Roon.  But couldn't get sound via either coaxial or BNC (with adapter) to Oppo HA-1. I was able to hear sounds if I pushed and wiggled the BNC cable into the socket on the Allo.  Behaved as if there was a short between allo and Pi but not sure.

2.  Came back to this project after 2-3 days and now can not get the bundle to boot.  Flashing red light on Pi and flashing green light on Allo.

Please advise.  Thanks.

After further troubleshooting It turns out I received a bad Rasberry pi (latest Model B 3+) from Allo with my DigiOne Signature.  I disassembled and replaced with another Rasberry pi (Model 3 - not ‘+’) and had no problems whatsoever.  I purchased the bundle pre-assembled with the case to save maybe an hour of time assembling/downloading software/etc. and ended up spending probably 4-5 hours trouble shooting the initial problem (getting it connected to the network), plus the issues related to a bad Rasberry Pi.

The good news Is that in the little time spent listening to the device I have been very impressed with the sound quality.   Using cheapo power for both clean and dirty.  Originally had it hooked up to my Oppo HA-1 but ultimately moved it to another room where I have it playing through an McIntosh MHA150.  Without critical listening or A/B test my initial thoughts are that it is as good, if not better than my microRendu (original version).  Great to have options like this in the market place.