IGNORED

J. River Media Center v15.0.142 Massive Memory Leak

mdx

I just started using JR MC on an HTPC running the Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. The system has 2GB memory and connected to a 1080p HDTV as the monitor.

The sound device is the hiFace USB to SPDIF device made by M2Tech. The output of the hiFace goes into the Musical Fidelity M1 DAC's coax input. The J. River MC is set to use the Kernel Streaming mode.

The JRMC was set to play all the albums(924)/songs(7068) in the "theater view" mode in order to properly "burn-in" the M1 DAC. The music files are all lossless WMA format. Most are from the regular CD rip at 16-bit/44.1kHz. About 33 songs were from the HDTrack at 24-bit/96kHz. They were downloaded as FLAC and converted to WMA with dbPoweramp.

After 16 hours, I noticed although the music was playing, the JRMC was not responding to the remote, mouse or keyboard. The Windows Task Manager showed the JRMC process was using over 1.7GB memory.

After terminating JRMC and restarted it to play all the songs, the initial memory footprint was 279MB. After 1 hour, it became 479MB and was increasing. Once the playing stopped, the memory stayed the same and the extra memory was not released.

I also posted this on the J. River Interact forum. Has anyone encountered this problem or a similar memory leak problem?

Nelson

Additional information:

I found the MC on the Windows 7 machine had the Theater View Appearance Size set to 90%. Once I set it to 100%, the memory became stable.

However, on my Vista x64 PC with 8GB memory. the MC process memory footprint stayed the same (7464KB) regardless what I do. It is now set to have the slideshow and the size is set to 90%. The memory stays exactly the same, 7464KB.

Now on the Windows 7 32-bit machine, the MC process image name is called Media Center 15.exe under the Task Manager. On the Vista 64-bit machine, the image name is called JRService.exe *32. Both are running J. River Media Center 15.0.142. On both machines the shortcut indicates the executable name is "Media Center 15.exe".

For further information, you can follow the thread on J. River's Interact forum.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=60337.msg407402#msg407402

Nelson