IGNORED

Help with iTunes file organization

Cemil

Looking through the iTunes files with Finder, I can see that most of my stuff is well organized in the format iTunesMusicBandnameAlbumnamesong. However, I have noticed that some of the Albumname contain less songs than on the actual CD. Checking within iTunes reveals no such issues - all the tunes are there. Poking a bit further, I found that the "missing" songs were put in an iTunesMusicUnknown ArtistUnknown Album folder. Although the songs are shown as unknown, and bear indescript names (ie 01 Track 01), these show up correctly within iTunes. I therefore presume iTunes is keeping its own database where everything is.

How can I move these "loose" songs to the folder where they should actually be? Just copying them to the right folder and deleting them from the unknown folder will probably not do as it will bypass iTunes internal organization table.

Any ideas?

Thanks

You need to unchecked the box in iTunes preferences that says something like "keep iTunes organized". It's in preferences/advanced. Once you unchecked it you can drag your files to the folders you want and they'll stay there.

What's happening is iTunes is reading the metadata on each file and if the artist names are not consistent they or missing they end up all over the place.

New Mini-8gig / Cambridge Audio DAC / Linn Kolektor pre amp / 2 active Linn LK140 amps / Nordquist Cables / Linn Ninka (aktiv) / APV H15 Line Conditioner

iTunes sometimes splits the tracks of a CD.

In "get info", the text fields in all the split tracks must be identical.

Empty fields should be checked 'V'.

Integrating the tracks into one CD:

Open the CD's songs list, where they all appear.

Highlight all the songs.

Press [Ctrl] & . (the 'i' stands for 'integrate')

Mark all empty definition fields ('V').

Do NOT mark the album cover picture, or it would disappear.