IGNORED

Airport Express and KEF LS50W - Anyone actually using that combo?

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:47 AM, Cebolla said:

Rather than using the Raspberry Pi as an AirPlay receiver, you could instead use it as an AirPlay to UPnP/DLNA network bridge, by using the Logitech Media Server with the ShairTunes2 (fork) & UPnP/DLNA Bridge LMS plugins.

This would get your UPnP/DLNA supporting Kef LS50W to bit perfectly network stream the AirPlay audio, plus no use of the LS50W's optical audio input.

Sorry to hijack/revive an old thread, but your advice sounds relevant to my current efforts trying to get a SGC microJukebox to talk to Kef LSX's.

I am merrily burning CD's to the mJb, in the hope that one day it will see and I will be able to control playing of my CD library from this device to the LSX's.

I can see my CD's in LMS, but not sure what I need turned on to both send stuff to the LSX's, or select and play the CD's.

I have loaded and turned on Sonore UPnP Bridge and it identifies our LSX's as an available "renderer" so having selected this, I then turn on LMS and look for a "media server" with the Kef Stream App with no luck.

I had thought Minim Server might be the way to go but that just leads down a rabbit hole of Minim this and Minim that, which confuses the hell out of me. This became a dead end when it became essential for me to load "File Viewer Plus" on my computer and no idea what it does and when I need to use it.

So any examples from the world of LS50's used with "Media Servers" would be appreciated. I currently use an iPhone to run Spotify on the LSX's and have used Soundirok on the iPhone to play a few CD's burnt to a hard drive plugged into the back of a SOtM sMS200 in a previous set up.

Kind Regards

Grantn