IGNORED

Does iTunes Sound Check feature work with Pure Music?

DanH

I like using Genius playlists but am startled sometimes by volume changes between songs. iTunes has a Sound Check feature. I would assume using Pure Music that the job of attenuating the volume would be handed off to Pure Music from iTunes. This is what I’d want because of Pure Music’s more sophisticated digital volume. Does anyone know for sure?

I doubt soundcheck would work with Pure Music - Pure Music (if I understand correctly) bypasses ALL iTunes playback functionality.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I spoke with Pure Music support and they said Pure Music does not support iTunes' Sound Check. It's on their task list but doesn't seem to be prioritized high enough right now. I'm really enjoying iTunes' Genius playlists as a way to use more of my music library during background listening, and it would be nice if Pure Music got around to this.