IGNORED

Home Theater Receiver as digital switch to DAC

Hello all. First time poster. I am interested in purchasing an Eastern Electric DAC to run my Apple TV music server through, but I also need to run a tivo through it to satisfy the wife and child, as this room is unable to be a dedicated 2-channel listening room. Problem is, EE DAC is not a remote controlled switching pre-amp. I have an older Harman Kardon AVR 254 lying around and was wondering if I could successfully use it as a digital switcher in front of the DAC? I would run the Tivo and ATV via optical to the AVR and then utilize the Coax digital output of the AVR to the coax input of the EE DAC. My question is, would this degrade the quality of the signal coming from the ATV (added jitter) or would the Sabre DAC rememdy any added jitter. I am currently running a pretty high quality optical cable (Wireworld Supernova 6) from my ATV to my existing pre-amp. Would the quality of this cable be lost in the translation to coax in the AVR? If I used a high quality coax cable from the avr to the EE DAC would this help?

cpalcott