IGNORED

itunes library across bootcamp?

Hi everyone,

Main system and subjective sound quality issues aside for a minute.

I have a MacBook (up to date with Snow Leopard and iTunes 10 on the OSX side) that I very frequently have to run Windows XP via bootcamp on. I would like to be able to listen to my itunes libary while I am working on the PC partition. I figured this would be no big deal - I downloaded itunes onto the PC side, held down shift while opening it and browsed to the Mac partition to find my itunes library. Seems simple enough, right? It would be dumb to duplicate my entire library on the PC partition. HOWEVER, because of what seems to be a file extension difference between Mac iTunes libraries and PC iTunes libraries, my library is not available for selection when browsing for a library using the PC side. If I use the windows explorer to find the library on the Mac partition, it is there. Why does it not show up when using browsing via iTunes to select a library? I have tried to choose "show all files" on the pull down while browsing but that is not an option.

Has anyone ever come across this or have any idea how to accomplish this task? It doesn't seem like it should be a big deal...

EatMoreCarrots[br]Home: Mac Mini & Drobo > Still shopping for DAC > Rogue Audio 99 Pre & M180 Mono\'s > B&W 803D\'s[br]Work: 13\" aluminum MacBook & iTunes > Dared MP5 USB tube integrated > Grado SR225\'s

Thanks for the link, earther, but that link describes copying / moving your itunes from one platform to the other (changing file extensions, etc). I came across a lot of this when I searched. I am looking for a method that allows use of the same itunes library across both the operating systems on my computer.

EatMoreCarrots[br]Home: Mac Mini & Drobo > Still shopping for DAC > Rogue Audio 99 Pre & M180 Mono\'s > B&W 803D\'s[br]Work: 13\" aluminum MacBook & iTunes > Dared MP5 USB tube integrated > Grado SR225\'s