IGNORED

Amarra 2 player (without iTunes)

kaka

I have been playing full Amarra 2 from it's own playback mechanism without even having iTunes open. I am loading tracks direct from disk rather than via iTunes.

It has been sounding extremely good and tonight as an experiment I reverted back to iTunes+Amarra and found it rather confused in comparison. Admittedly Amarra was in a ramdisk which wasn't big enough to take iTunes as well.

Has anyone else been using the new Amarra player? What do you think?

Source: Pink Faun Ultra - Chord DAVE

Amps: VTV Purifi

Speakers: Trenner and Friedel RA

Cables : JCAT reference USB, Tellerium XLR, Kubula-Sosna Elation speaker

Plus CEC TL 5 Cd transport - Blackcat Tron BNC - Chord DAVE

Use with itunes does improve the sound, IMHO, requires a bit of work to get thing set up for pain free operation - ie saving Playlists etc.

I suspect this is the way forward for 'serious listening sessions' with itunes docked for less formal listening.

I hear Amarra 2.1 has an even greater uplift in performance!

Trying to make sense of all the bits...MacMini/Amarra -> WavIO USB to I2S -> DDDAC 1794 NOS DAC -> Active XO ->Bass Amp Avondale NCC200s, Mid/Treble Amp Sugden Masterclass -> My Own Speakers

I've used Amarra 2.01 with Itunes 10 and it works fine. I've run into some issues with the Amarra playlist feature too in the past, like tracks just ending half way through and moving on to the next one etc. Amarra recommended turning off Spotlight on my Music folder or volume and that corrected the problem for me. (this was also in their manual, but you know what we do with manuals)

The playlist feature is growing on me and is more stable. The sound is definitely great. So far no issues with Itunes 10 and Amarra Mini and OSX 64 bit enabled.