IGNORED

Allo Digione Signature

2 minutes ago, burmar said:

Imho is not good, there are electronic voltage regulators inside and they introduce noise..

Thanks.  I guess I'll plan on just using a battery pack!

[br]QNAP+ -> Allo DigiOne Signature -> RequisiteAudio D3rs ->  McIntosh C52 -> McIntosh MC-275 MK VI -> Harbeth 30.1's via Roon

On 10/21/2018 at 4:57 AM, RX8R3ROD said:

Just to add to the question of what the iPurifier does, here's a pic of the output from the iPower 12v regulated to 5v and further filtered, followed by the addition of the DC iPurifier 2.

Quite a worthwhile improvement, and from these you maybe wouldn't be surprised to learn you hear somewhat moredetail and ambience?

5 ps output 7mhz.jpeg

5 ps output peak hold after iPurifier 7mhz.jpeg

Would an iPower 5v + iPurifier give similar results? I already have a iPower 5v and adding an iPurifier will be cheaper than jumping to an Ultracap LPS 1.2.  I've ordered the battery pack but ideally want to keep the unit on 24/7.

[br]QNAP+ -> Allo DigiOne Signature -> RequisiteAudio D3rs ->  McIntosh C52 -> McIntosh MC-275 MK VI -> Harbeth 30.1's via Roon

7 minutes ago, RX8R3ROD said:

I would imagine that the iPurifier would give a similar measurable improvement after a 5v iPower, though I haven’t actually measured it and I unfortunately can’t at present as am working away for a bit.

IME the 12v iPower regulated to 5v gives a rather more ‘gutsy’ and solid sound then the 5v iPower, but preferences (and quite probably experiences) vary, ... just as our power supplies do. ?

Have you tried the 5v iPower into the Signature and, if so, how did it sound to you?

The iPurifier IME adds more detail and air, but not drive / better timing.

If you find the 5v iPower powering the Signature already times well enough and sounds sufficiently grounded and solid, the iPurifier could be a really good upgrade. If you’re seeking improved timing and weight I’d say perhaps it might not give you quite what you’re looking for (at least based on my experience with my electricity supply).

Hope that helps a bit?

Yes, Thanks.  I don't have the Signature yet, it's ordered and I'm awaiting delivery.  I currently use the iPower to drive a USBridge.

2 minutes ago, RX8R3ROD said:

Ah, maybe give it a whirl with the Signature then and see how you find it? ? ... and enjoy, ... however you power it I think you’ll find the Signature sounds great! ? I would say it’s well worth doing the Swenson grounding mod on the iPower, though, if you’ve not done so already, as it’s really easy to do and only costs about 50p ?

I've not done the mod, I'll have to google it!

I noticed in the Darko video he was using flat-top batteries in the battery holder.  Does the battery holder accept both regular & flat-top 18650 batteries?

Just received my Signature, and I will say based on other comments, that the packaging was fantastic.  Lot's of foam wrapped around the unit and smaller pieces inserted to protect the acrylic case.  I also ordered the battery holder which does indeed have stickers on identifying the +ve & -ve terminals.  Time to set it up and compare to my USBridge....

Curious what Digital cables folks are using with their Signature? I have a Cable Solution’s cable that uses Canare LV-77S cable, but I’m sure I could do better without breaking the bank!

43 minutes ago, purehifi192 said:

I have an LPS 1.2 that is set to 5v and a made in China eBay LPS where I can refine the voltage.  That one is set to 5.15 V per an Allo recommendation I've seen here on this site or another.  I use dietpi and Ropieee for my DigiOne and Signature.  Haven't seen the under voltage notice.  If you can slightly tune your LPS above 5V you should be good.

Care to share a link to the China eBay LPS?

• 3 weeks later...

After spending most of the evening listening and swapping back & forth I do have to say that in my system at least, and ifi powering the dirty side and battery the clean is noticeably better than the supplied psu supplying the dirty and the ifi powering the clean. 

So so my question now is whether the LPS 1.2 is better than the batteries?

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so I’ve decided the batteries while no doubt great are a pain in the ar**, so I’m looking at lps options. The UpTone Ultracap 1.2 is probably the front runner but has anyone tried the Wyred4Sound PS-1?

1 hour ago, InfinitelyBaffled said:

So here's my take on the DigiOne Signature. I've been running the regular DigiOne with Ropieee for six months and it has been rock solid with Roon, so I figured I'd try out the Signature. With all the discussion on power supplies, I decided to go with 2 Twisted Pear Centaur linear power supplies to power both sides through independent transformers to maintain galvanic separation. Overkill for the clean side power-wise, but keeps things simple. Also installed an EMI filter on the power inlet. Finished it up yesterday, letting it run for a few days to settle in. 

DigiOne Sig Internal.jpg

DigiOne Sig Rear.jpg

DigiOne Sig Front.jpg

Nice. I’ll be curious to your thoughts. 

9 minutes ago, Spenagio said:

HELP! NO SOUND!

Received my digione signature today (fully assembled from Audiophonics, with Dietpi pre-installed)

I have configured the software I want to use, Roon Bridge and Raspotify.

Found the digione in both Spotify Connect location and within Roon.

NO SOUND via SPDIF.

HELP PLEASE ALLO, a bit concerned that there is not a direct email contact to enable support, just the forum?!

Did you check the soundcard setting? You can do this via the GUI or by using SSH.

Just now, Spenagio said:

Looking at that now on the GUI, set to DigiOne, which I assume is correct. Thanks for helping

No problem :)

Are you powering both inputs? And did you plug in the 'clean' side before the dirty side?

Just now, Spenagio said:

I have noticed that the LED at the bottom of the unit has only ever been RED, is that right? Powering the pi/dirty side with the supplied PS, clean side with a PS from my Rega TT that provides 24v

Woah!!  I think 24v is way too high!!  I understand 7v is the max you want on the clean side.  I run 5v or 18650 batteries

39 minutes ago, LowMidHigh said:

Fret not, there'll be a new story...RPi + Linux + LMS is a such a kludge that something is bound to fail once you make a change. And changes always happen.

I'm so frustrated with the SoundCloud plugin, that I'm seriously considering splurging a pile of money on a streamer/nw player with Chromecast Built-in. Expect a DS + UpTone LPS-1.2 on the 2nd hand market soon... 

Let me know if you do decide to sell the LPS-1.2, I might be interested. 

8 hours ago, wanta911 said:

Yeah - I ordered a 5V one yesterday based on a recommendation I saw on another thread here where they tested a heap of other LPSs including some well known more expensive ones and this unit came out on top.....I can't remember the thread title or the poster 🙄

I have four 5V applications that are already using LPS but I am curious in comparing this (cheap) one to my current units.

Yes I saw the same posts in another thread on here. I eventually ordered this 
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cy2TZZA

Mainly because I also have a USBridge and wanted 2 outputs. I’ll be curious to hear how the other model compares to your other LPS.

19 minutes ago, kotlarix said:

Lucky you😉, in my case still have no answer after contacting two different persons from customer service.

Thinking to cancel order and buy from audiophonics (it looks like they have it in stock)

I think they may have just started back up after holiday vacation.  I got a support email answer today as well, so maybe see how today plays out before canceling.

20 hours ago, keihin said:

I don't know whether this would have helped you, as it sounds like more of a space/packaging issue inside your shared enclosure, but there are alternate power cables available with USB Type-C plugs.  If for no other reason but to eliminate the messy adapter use and overly long cables that were packed with the Weiland, I've ordered a cable from Ghent Audio to take power from my Weiland Audio LPS to the DigiOne Signature board. 

In my case, the cable is a Ghent model number DC36 (Aviation GX12/GX16 to USB DC Cable) with these options:

LPS-end Connector: Aviation: GX16-2(1+): pin1(VCC +), pin2(GND)
Allo-end Connector: USB: Type-C
Cable Length: 0.5m

It has not yet arrived.  I'll post about it once it's installed.

Thanks this is really useful, I'll look to order the same once my LPS arrives.  (It should ship today)

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, wanta911 said:

Well I've had my new 5V Studer LPS for a few days now. Unfortunately I can't report on how it goes with the DS because I first tried it on my Chord Qutest DAC and it sounds SO good that I don't want to change it. The clean side of the DS is already getting the Ultracap 1.2 anyway.

Looks like that LPS is no longer available from that supplier!