IGNORED

Allo Digione Signature

I have been running the Digione Signature for a week or so and i'm impressed.  I have a question about power however.  I don't yet have a LPS for it so I am using the Allo supplied PS on the clean side and a PS from my old Squeezebox Touch on the dirty side.  That works, however when I switch them around, i.e. the Allo PS powering the dirty side I get a steady red LED showing on the Pi 3 most of the time.  Does that suggest it's not getting enough power?  Ultimately my plan is to have a LPS on the clean and Allo on the dirty side but now im unsure that will work. Advice would be appreciated.  Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have had the Signature running for a few weeks now using the Allo switching PS.  This weekend I connected up a DIY LPS (Welborne Labs I think) that a friend built.  I was hoping for greatness.  After listening for a day I have realized that in some ways SQ is better but sibilance is now a problem.  Some tracks are now difficult to listen to. Is this likely to be: 1. because the revealing nature of the digione signature or 2. a problem with the LPS? or 3. showing my DAC (Firestone Spitfire Mk2) to be a weakens?  I hope you can help.

On 11/6/2018 at 12:50 AM, allo.com said:

Not all LPSs are low noise. I think yours seems to be noisier than normal (normal for LPS). Try batteries to see if LPS is the issue

Ok I will give that a try. On the Allo site is says to use LIFEPO (lithium iron phosphate) 18650 batteries which are 3.2v.  In Hans Beekhuyzen's review he uses Li-ion 18650 3.7v.  Is the LIFEPO recommended because they hold their charge longer or because of higher current etc.  Advice is appreciated.

Hi, I think this has been mentioned before but couldn't see a resolution. I have the Signature player running DietPi + Allo GUI (unmodified  from the factory) and using the Allo supplied 5v PSU powering the dirty side.  The red power LED on the Pi switches off and on every few seconds randomly.  I assume that means the Pi is at times not getting the required volts.  Assistance would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2018 at 1:19 PM, RyanC said:

Hi, I have been testing the Allo battery pack this week.  Using 4 x Panasonic 18650 3.7v, 3400mah Li-Ion batteries on the clean side, the signature has now been running for 120 hours and is still playing music.  Impressive.

It has now been running for 24 hrs/day for 8 days and still playing music!