IGNORED

Allo Digione Signature

14 hours ago, dmormerod said:

Curious what Digital cables folks are using with their Signature? I have a Cable Solution’s cable that uses Canare LV-77S cable, but I’m sure I could do better without breaking the bank!

I personally can't stand using multiple adapters to connect devices together.  I ended up using Allo's supplied 5V supply to power the dirty side and a custom Ghent cable to connect 5.5/2.1 LPS power output to USB-C.  I usually use non custom or high end cables, but in this case I made an exception to minimize adapters.

1 hour ago, nbpf said:

One thing that I find very annoying with the DigiOne Signature is that the OS keeps on throwing under voltage exceptions. The problem does not appear to depend on the power supply used. I am powering the dirty side of the Signature with a JS-2 and had the same problem when I was powering it with an ifi 5V/2.5A or with Allo's PSU. I suspect this is a flaw of the Signature.

I have an LPS 1.2 that is set to 5v and a made in China eBay LPS where I can refine the voltage.  That one is set to 5.15 V per an Allo recommendation I've seen here on this site or another.  I use dietpi and Ropieee for my DigiOne and Signature.  Haven't seen the under voltage notice.  If you can slightly tune your LPS above 5V you should be good.

2 hours ago, dekac said:

I would use the Allo 5v supply for power.  You can certainly use the one you linked to power the clean, but the clean side doesn't require that many amps so you may be able to get a cheaper model that requires less power.

If you want to use both outputs of the power supply you linked to power both inputs of the Signature, then yes that will work and you have enough current headroom.  You will lose galvanic isolation if that's an important thing for you, but I believe you would lose that anyway if you have two power supplies that are plugged into the same power strip or wall outlet... which is why Allo recommends the battery pack.  I am not using the battery pack myself.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Nay said:

Hi,

All new to this so need a little help.

I have the Digione Signature Player, SD Card 16GB, DietPi + ALLO GUI, RPI Version :B+

I am trying to play music with it connected to my Dac by BNC but am getting no sound even though i can see it on my network and select DietPi as renderer and it shows the music playing using BubbleUPnP.

Is this not plug and play ready or do i have to load any drivers?

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

You probably need to set the audio out to Allo Digione with dietpi.  Either run dietpi-config from the command line or bring up the web UI to set this.