IGNORED

Schiit Yggdrasil Vs PS Audio Directstream Junior

8 hours ago, Roy724 said:

I want to hear subtle sounds I've never heard before more than the music itself.

I'm sure you know that system performance depends on much more than just the DAC.  If you buy new from PS Audio, they have a 30-day hassle free return policy according to their website.  You can buy a lot of things with the price difference between Yggdrasil and Directstream.  Both units have very enthusiastic owners.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

8 hours ago, Roy724 said:

it sounds identical to the Dacmagic!

What source components have you tried?  Pairing a $6000 DAC with other components that are nowhere near the same quality isn't going to let your DAC show you its true potential.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

5 hours ago, Roy724 said:

After I returned the directstream I went back to listening to my dacmagic and something was clearly wrong. My music sounded awful. I realized that the directstream was doing something significant after all.

Lots of people have discovered this works better than quick A/B comparisons.  You definitely did the right thing by coming back to CA and setting things straight about your experience.