IGNORED

LPSU Choices?

1 hour ago, the_doc735 said:

On 7/16/2018 at 5:21 AM, sandyk said:  

You do need  a Linear PSU that has noise levels WAY below that of a HDPlex for best results.

Still don't know what to get for PC power supply?

Cheers!

Hi,

Just like you I have been searching for really good power supplies for a long time.

Finally I run my entire computer setup with batteries. With the right configuration it’s superb for the sound. IMO it's better than any LPS on the market, but of course with other problems. I want to admit that is no solution for everyone.

In your case I would go with a HD-Plex. It's enough good compared to all ATXs. Try to forget about it with noise levels, ripple etc, there are always compromises somewhere.

6 hours ago, LTG2010 said:

I think they are about to upgrade their supplies with LT3045's it may be worth investigating that. 

Regarding this discuss about different linear regulators, now I will come with maybe a remarkable statement: No regulator at all will be the all best. How is it possible, you may wonder? It is fully possible, only the voltage levels are quite close. As mentioned before, the motherboard is already full of different regulators. And it's definitely nothing about any nuclear physics here. And I promise it will give significally higer sound quality. Atleast it has been during my trials with this.

• 2 months later...
On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:58 AM, Tomslin said:

Hi,

Maybe you can get some tips from my discussion here:

http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/1979-rebuild-and-improved-power-supply-for-a-singlepc/?hl=rebuild

But it was a long time ago and much has happened since, but still quite relevant.

Here is one thread I read at that time when I sought inspiration, thanks Nige

http://www.tirnahifi.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2832

The answer is simple: I don’t use control circuits, because it’s not needed. That explanation is also found in the links I published earlier in my post above.

We don’t really talk about the same things here. To only power a motherboard it will be enough with these three power lines and CPU power. However, if you want to build a PSU that’s fully compatible with the ATX standard, you need control circuits as he stated.

Less complicated is better, provided that it works, of course. That rule I always try to follow.

7 hours ago, TubeMan said:

Indeed. It’s a very good DIY thread in this subject. I guess much inhold are a bit too basic for him, but anyway it provides many useful angles of view. And apparently he didn't know that it’s possible to start and power motherboards without control voltages.