IGNORED

Amarra 2.0 and Amarra Vinyl

For those of us with the full version of Amarra, the 2.0 revision should be out soon. July 15 according to the last news letter. I am certainly looking forward to giving it a try.

My question is about the long awaited Amarra Vinyl. In the last 2 Amarra newsletter's there is a * at the end of the line in the Amarra Feature Set Chart that says

"Record, Edit, NoNoise Restoration*" with a note under the table saying "*Optional Add-on Package"

I am assuming that the *Optional Add-on Package" only refers only refers to NoNoise Restoration not Amarra Vinyl ?

Charging extra for NoNoise Restoration in Ammara would be similar to soundBlade where NoNoise II is an option.

Is anyone able to confirm, that for those who have paid for the full version of Amarra, that Amarra Vinyl is still to be an included item not something we have to pay extra for ?

Regards

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

Keith is correct: all those who purchased the original release of Amarra will be receiving an additional license for the options package, which includes a version of NoNOISE’s BroadBand DeNoiser. This is Sonic’s way of saying thanks for being an early supporter.

If you have questions about your license and whether you are eligible, drop the guys an e-mail with your details to support at sonicstudio dot com…

OMas

Regards,

O.A. Masciarotte - http://www.othermunday.com

• 3 weeks later...

Any word on the Amarra Vinyl release?

Wavelength Silver Crimson/Denominator USB DAC, Levinson 32/33H, Synergistic Research Cables and AC cables, Shunyata Hydra V-Ray II with King Cobra CX cable, Wilson Sasha WP speakers with Wilson Watch Dog Sub. Basis Debut V Vacuum turntable/ Grahm Phantom/Koetsu Jade Platinum. MacBook Pro 17\" 2.3GHz Quad Core i7, 8GB RAM, Pure Music, Decibel, Fidelia, AudioQuest Diamond USB Cable.

I think I saw on their site in the animated JPEG image on the top of the home page it is slated for Autumn.

Trying to make sense of all the bits...MacMini/Amarra -> WavIO USB to I2S -> DDDAC 1794 NOS DAC -> Active XO ->Bass Amp Avondale NCC200s, Mid/Treble Amp Sugden Masterclass -> My Own Speakers

Keith,

Is 2.1 Amarra Beta available to all ? If so can you let us know where to obtain a copy ?

I expect the question on the release of Amarra Vinyl relates to Sonic Studios 6th June newsletter which said "Amarra Vinyl will be released August 15th"

I have no inside knowledge but based on their newsletter I expect Amarra Vinyl should be out soon.

Regards

Mark

Keith,

No, I haven't heard the Amarra 2.1 beta. At this point, I have so much to play with, I guess can patiently wait for the final release. I didn't participate in the 2.0 beta program. I knew that I couldn't devote the necessary time it needed.

Wavelength Silver Crimson/Denominator USB DAC, Levinson 32/33H, Synergistic Research Cables and AC cables, Shunyata Hydra V-Ray II with King Cobra CX cable, Wilson Sasha WP speakers with Wilson Watch Dog Sub. Basis Debut V Vacuum turntable/ Grahm Phantom/Koetsu Jade Platinum. MacBook Pro 17\" 2.3GHz Quad Core i7, 8GB RAM, Pure Music, Decibel, Fidelia, AudioQuest Diamond USB Cable.