IGNORED

The Best Apple AirPlay Streamer

On 6/24/2018 at 4:00 PM, In-Tone said:

we feel there is a need for a dedicated AirPlay source.

Perhaps a Raspberry Pi running Volumio, I believe they incorporate an AirPlay receiver via Shairport Sync.

From there the output could be USB, or with an appropriate I²S "HAT" either SPDIF or DAC/analog output.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

A somewhat higher end SBC based streamer/endpoint/renderer that includes the Shairport AirPlay emulator already installed (among other output choices) is the Sonore microRendu. Pricier than Raspberry Pi based solutions, but also superior in a variety of ways.

I have a microRendu but have only used it in UPnP mode, however it can be configured as an AirPlay emulator (via Shairport) in a couple of clicks.

Output is restricted to USB with the microRendu, unless a USB to SPDIF converter is added.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

1 hour ago, In-Tone said:

In full disclosure, my original posted question was a little loaded.  We do want to know if there is an AirPlay source that we could use, but as we dig into it, there’s nothing out there that fits what we have already done.  We are evaluating if and how we would create a “product”?

It's no wonder then why you've had a zero response to other's posts offering answers/suggestions to this thread's original now known to be fake non-question.

Unsubscribe.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook