IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows (Official Thread)

A+ consume a lot of CPU power when upsampling to DSD, even in DSD64 mode. My core i5 6400 working at 90% most of time, and sound lagging.

It ok when upsampling PCM to 2x, 4x mode.

My computer has 12GB memory , win 10 64bit, SSD + harddrive, Oppo Sonica DAC.

• 4 weeks later...

New version fix DSD upsampling. 

I want to ask for an option to on the fly (which not intensive CPU usage at the begining of each song, IT  will using 50% CPU all of time playing) beside load all song into memory first (Which cause heavily 90% CPU usage at the beginning of each song, make computer lag a lot)

Another thing I want to ask if possible to force upsampling DSD64 to DSD512. It not CPU intensive like PCM 44.1 to DSD512. (I just try with HQplayer and find out it benefict to upsampling low rate DSD to high rate).

Since It an option, people can make DSD play direct without upsampling while preserver PCM upsampling.

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Screwdriver said:

This is an odd issue. I noticed that album art would randomly change and show the wrong cover for an artist. Looking at the embedded art in the file shows the correct one using JRiver, Foobar, Musicbranz etc.  Rebooting, re-scanning the library does nothing in Audirvana.  Only way to fix it is to remove the album from my drive, shut down Audirvana, re-start and manually re-scan. Then shut down Audirvana, add the folder, restart and re-scan.

Here is a screen showing Sly & The Family Stone picking up the cover for Simon & Garfunkel.

dt6ppmt.jpg

I got it too. Many wrong album. I stop using a+ 2 week ago due to this error