IGNORED

Article:  Integrating Subwoofers with Stereo Mains using Audiolense

Thank you Mitch,

It's refreshing to be availed of someone's obvious talent, and who is willing to help others, without the obligatory "what's in it for me". You are incredibly generous to share your passion and knowledge with us.

In a world where most (if not all) our music is recorded and stored in digital it just makes sense to me to utilise the attributes of that format by using DSP to maximise the potential of the recording to suit both the playback equipment and the room it is located in i.e. sending a correctly analysed and "manicured" digital signal to active speakers and converting back to analogue at the last possible moment - i.e at the driver's individual amplifier.

My own experience with DSP is via my current system being a Devialet 200 driving ATC SCM 19 mains with 2 x SVS SB 2000 subs. My room is 20' wide with one speaker and sub against glass doors to a balcony and the other adjacent to an open plan kitchen and dining room... its a BIG awkward space to fill with music. The Devialet DSP system is several years old now and is very simplistic compared to your Audiolenese software, however, it does allow the selection of a variable XO frequency for the subs as well as the ability to add time delay. I agree with you that the subs when correctly set up make a huge difference and despite its obvious limitations the room actually sounds very good.

IMO what you are doing is the future for audio - instead of spending obscene amounts of money getting the last 1% out of a device you are using DSP technology to ensure the whole system (including the room) is working together in "concert" and that has to provide the biggest bang for the buck.  

My hope is that manufacturers such as Devialet take note of your work and continue to enhance their products by building in DSP software into their products so that that those of us who do not profess your knowledge and are time poor can obtain the obvious benefits of DSP.

Thank you again for your wonderful effort to educate us all!

LOUNGE: Mac Mini - Audirvana - Devialet 200 - ATOHM GT1 Speakers

OFFICE : Mac Mini - Audirvana - Benchmark DAC1HDR - ADAM A7 Active Monitors

TRAVEL : MacBook Air - Dragonfly V1.2 DAC - Sennheiser HD 650

BEACH : iPhone 6 - HRT iStreamer DAC - Akimate Micro + powered speakers