IGNORED

ISO Regen performance Improvement Cheap!

15 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

I've never seen anything convincing that noise in a purely digital component will affect SQ - assuming it is adequately isolated from all analog stages (and that could include parasitic leak via transformers).

In that case I would suggest that you spend more time reading the numerous threads by multiple members in other areas of the forum instead of trying to create a Guinness  Book of Records entry for the most number of posts in the shortest possible time frame in a forum.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

15 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

you have me cornfused with your trolling friend - one of your Aussie mafia

In case you haven't noticed, this is a Subjective thread, and your continuing insulting remarks have no place in this thread, OR any other thread for that matter.

I don't run my replies by Audiophile Neuroscience before submitting them , and neither does he run his posts by me before they are submitted.

We both share a common interest in the area of very high quality audio, as do the vast majority of Australian participants in this forum, and unlike many members of this forum (yourself included ?") we are in a position to compare some very high quality equipment in a group situation using NON SIGHTED evaluation of the various components, including software as well occasionally. 

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

1 minute ago, fas42 said:

Yes, while we are talking about the purely digital areas, and we have established that there is zero spillover into any analogue areas, by any path whatsoever, to a degree that has audible impact on SQ - then there should no problem.

Frank

There is ALWAYS some spill over in a real world computer from the Digital to the Analogue areas via the Power Supply.

Check out the specifications of some recent HDDs and they even list the level and spectrum of the very high frequency  " square " wave pulses going back into the power supply area.

Alex

17 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

How can one tell?

If the OP hasn't specified, try reading the first few posts in the thread perhaps ? ;)

23 minutes ago, look&listen said:

Maybe someone complain to management of continuing pattern of abuse behavior ruining CA experience?

I would expect that others have already done this, and that Admin will be well aware of the continuing disruptive behaviour .

15 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

Didn't help so I'm going to assume your statement was just wishful thinking.

What part of the attached post from the OP don't you understand ?

I had expected better from you Tom !

sligolad   

• Sophomore Member
  • sligolad
  •  
  • 156 posts

Been checking here for several weeks now and I am really surprised no one has commented on the single most bang for buck upgrade you can add to your system when using the ISO Regen.

In fact I think it would be a perfect add on that should be offered with all ISO Regens at point of sale.

If anyone has followed Rob over at US Audio Mart (seen you there often Alex) you will be aware of the discussions on the serious uplift in sound quality you get with just adding about $10 of cable between the power supply and the IR.

Its basically a quick and easy cable snap in and then just sit back and be blown away by the greater separation, low frequency dynamics and overall amazing depth to the music never heard before, i listen to Red Book files...its all there!

For those looking for an explanation on how adding cheap cables into the power in on the IR could make such a difference I have to say this has me dumbfounded and I was a complete skeptic, the low cost and easy install was the only reason i tried it.

Its basically adding a CAT7 cable with passive POE ends to carry the DC between power supply and the IR, when you connect up the 2 pieces just stick the power supply in the female jack on one end and stick the male jack on the other end into the IR and sit back and be amazed.

Some links below:

POE Ends

CAT7

1 minute ago, kumakuma said:

Huh?

I don't see anything in the text you quoted saying that only subjective responses are welcome in this thread.

Haven't you anything better to do than try and make this thread unwieldy with more off topic rubbish ?

If you have something on topic to post in this thread please do.

If Chris receives too many more reports of deliberate disruption of threads by either side of the "Great Divide"  he may take some action that none of will like !

42 minutes ago, jabbr said:

So no, there isn’t always spillage. In my case by design. 

But yours isn't a typical computer, is it ? ¬¬

Have you also found the same improvement with Video via this route? 

I like to see some of the musical performances from SNL as well, when I can find some .ts streams.

Which tweaks are you investigating ?

P.S.
 I just found the attached about HDD noise that I mentioned previously.

Seagate p.2.jpg

• 1 year later...
44 minutes ago, edwardsean said:

Can I leave it free floating off the port as is pictured on the Uptone site, or do I need to find some way to support it? I'm pretty sure it's the latter, but I'm wondering how concerned I should be

You will of course need to find something to support it that doesn't restrict air flow around it .