IGNORED

Missing line in windows mixer pass through

I built up a desktop using an ASUS P5B mother board and 2 1 gig sticks of DDR2 ram. I had local shop do a clean Win XP install. I am using an older Behringer FCA 202 firewire box that I had sitting around. In playback mode works great with 44.1 and 96k files which is all I do. I had not planned on doing any line in mixing into this desktop as it was mostly for creating school lesson plans and other internet work.

I thought I would input some audio from my DAT from a recent recording session and realized that I did not have the line in mixer setting from the win vol control. The Behringer does not have a input mixing console.

The win vol control does control all the wav out from my DVD burner and from WMP11. It will also playback files from Sony Sound Forge (2496 & 16/44.1) that I use for mastering tracks. Even though the Sound Forge shows the FCA 2o2 in the recording and playback pulldown menu, I have no input from the Behringer breakout box.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Jim Tavegia

Hi Jim,

I am not sure this is what you mean, but look at attached picture;

The leftmost screen you will recognize.

Now go to Volume in the Sound Recording Section. This gives the Recording Control. In my case you already see a Line In.

Click the Options menu, which brings the Properties screen. In there you can see what there is to choose from; notice the resemblance of the 3 ticked items and what you see in the Recording Control.

If this is not what you were looking for, sorry ...

Peter

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

I looked at all the settings just like I have many times before. Today, the FCA 202 input mixer is showing up. It never did until today and I have looked at those vol control settings until I was nearly blue in the face. Maybe computers and black magic are strange bedfellows, but this one stumps me as, if it goes away, I will not know what to do to fix it. Time to buy a new magic wand.

Thanks for the post. I was able to get my last HS band project into my desktop and burned cds just fine. Whew!

Jim

Jim Tavegia