Hello,

As indicated in the subject, I am looking for a USB DAC as a single PCB, i.e. a module that can be integrated. There are plenty of stand alone USB DAC devices on the market, and I would like to buy a module that is in such devices. This module (PCB) should provide:

- 5V external power input (not USB powered),

- Convert stereo up to 24bit@96kHz

- Volume control through USB endpoint

- EnableOutput controlled through USB

I could imagine an implementation that uses a USB streaming controller in conjunction with a DAC and a Programmable Gain Amplifier. Is there anything on the market that would fulfil my requirements?

Cheers,

peter

Not exactly what you are looking for ... but you can buy the HiFi DIY Aune DAC pre-built. Costs around £100 off eBay IIRC. Then you could adapt it for your needs.

Another possibility would be to use something like the Altmann Attraction DAC combined with (for example) the M2Tech HiFace ... build them both into a case and Bob's your mother's brother - you didn't give any indication of price you were willing to pay.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Hello and thanks for the hints.

Well, if I have to buy and modify a kit, I would rather prefer to make my own PCB, which is exactly what I wanted to avoid.

As far as the price is concerned, I would be prepared to pay £50 for a populated PCB that meets my requirement (5V and USB in, stereo audio out, SNR ~100dB, volume control through USB, logical output when switched on).

Cheers,

peter