IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

Hello,

every now and then I am tempted to upgrade my naim system. (-:

Some days ago my dealer recommended the AQ-Switch SE to me. Looking for more information I found the EtherREGEN which looks very promising and appealing to me. There’s much I like about it - from the philosophy behind it to the open discussion about its design and the obvious know how and experience of the developers. 

So I wonder if someone could please summarise the differences between those two.

Actually I am looking for arguments to wait for the EtherREGEN instead of going for the AQ-Switch SE right now. 😉

Thanks a lot,

Michael 

17 hours ago, Superdad said:

Hi Michael:

I see that this is your first post here at Audiophile Style.  WELCOME!

Thank you for your interest in our new switch.  On the web page for EtherREGEN I went to considerable lengths to explain and illustrate the many technical aspects of the design, most all of which set our product apart from the competitors. 

As far as I know, AQVOX is just a clock (and maybe PS) upgrade of a D-Link switch—and they really do not show or tell you anything about the actual topology as we do.  Ours is designed from-the-ground-up, addressing the true issues of why clocking and isolation matter with packet-data interfaces by providing active differential isolation.

EtherREGEN is a first and only in the world to do this. This is a serious all-new engineering approach.

Of course hundreds of users will compare and decide once we begin shipping hundreds of units in just a few weeks. B|

Cheers,

--Alex

Hi Alex,

thanks a lot for your kind reply! I really appreciate you being open to let us know the technical aspects of the design.

To make it short: You have a new order. 😁

All the best and thank you very much for your great efforts!

I know it will take some time till my EtherREGEN will arrive but I want to be fully prepared! 😁

So two questions:

Which power cable do I need (for Austria)? Which plug goes into the PS? Is it one on the photos attached? 2 or 3 pins?

I think I read somewhere here that no fancy LAN cable is necessary. Am I right? I just thought about using my MeiCord opal. Or should I get one of the (hyped) audioquest cables? 😉

Thanks,

Michael

• 4 weeks later...