IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

2 hours ago, Arpiben said:

Basically:

- 850 nm Single Mode Fiber and associated SFPs for distances less than 500m

- 1310nm Multimode Fiber and associated SFPs for distances up to 10Km

SFPs termination are LC -> LC_LC fiber termination.

In industry there is no 'audiophile' kind of fibers (useless)

Correcting the inversion between single Mode and Multimode in my previous post.Sorry for that. (No single malt involved in the mistake)

Basically:

- 850 nm Multimode Fiber and associated SFPs for distances less than 500m

- 1310nm Single Mode Fiber and associated SFPs for distances up to 10Km

SFPs termination are LC -> LC_LC fiber termination.

In industry there is no 'audiophile' kind of fibers (useless)

39 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Looking forward to a Signature Rendu SE MKll with optical interface ?

If your statement is correct, we won’t be needing the EtherRegen. Only optical interfaces on the streamers. Then there for sure will be an UltraRendu MKll in a future.  Just exchange the RJ45 with a SPF. I don’t think it’s that simple and easy. 

My understanding is that John’s design reclocks and clean up phase noice etc.

Several unique digital cleaning techniques, in addition to the leakage blocking.

An optical streamer 10Gbps/1Gbps SFP and a DAC with same optical 10Gbps/1Gbps SFP input as well as a proper design, that should be more than enough.

2 hours ago, Superdad said:

TO ALL:

There is a good chance I may lock this thread again.  I recently reopened it to share some updates about EtherREGEN and to answer a few questions that have come up--as well as to tease a few bits about the design goals and methods of this product we are excited about.

But I must explain that the side diversions this thread has taken in the past week are becoming an unaffordable distraction for John and me.  He is very focused on development, test, and measurement, and I have have my own sizable list of tasks associated with bringing this product out--on an already bit late schedule.  

So taking time to steer and correct the conversation about what the piece is all about, and to tiptoe around both revealing details we are not certain or ready to yet, as well as not yet being armed with the evidence of efficacy we hope to share, is not productive or comfortable for either of us.

The above is my way of asking you all to simmer down now!  x-D

Anyone is welcome to open a new thread about their thoughts on Ethernet for audio, be it about clocking, isolation, optical interfaces, whatever.  

Thanks for understanding.

--Alex C.

Fully understanding your point and position as well as the marketing aspects, but teasing with no data may tend to be a difficult task.

Will post again as soon as you provide data.

Best wishes for your roadmap.