IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

Hi everyone, I'm thinking about buying the EtherREGEN, but I don't understand how it would get inserted into the system  if I'm using an optical module and opticalrendu.  Right now my switch is connected via ethernet cable to my optical module, and the optical module connects via optical cable to the opticalrendu.  How would I connect the etherREGEN?  I'm confused as to how to set up and integrate the EtherREGEN if you're using the Sonore products.  Many thanks for your suggestions and feedback.  

Thank you!

14 minutes ago, Superdad said:

The SFP cage of the EtherREGEN will work with either SX or LX modules; Gigabit only. 

Just be sure you use the same type, wavelength, etc. at both ends—and of course the matching fiber cable.

As for recommendations based on sonic or other considerations: For now we’ll leave that to more extreme folks. 9_9

Frankly, based on the fact that I hear no difference between optical and copper with EtherREGEN (when used in standard ‘A’-side > ‘B’-side moat crossing; your opticalRendu aside), I suspect that the sorts of things people hear with optical variations simply don’t matter with our hIghly effective ADIM (active differential isolation moat) in place.

Everyone will find out soon enough if this is true. (Well, maybe not soon enough—shipping is planned for November 15th.)

Thank you!

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a question regarding the use of the EtherRegen.  I have 3 endpoints. 

Is it possible to plug the router into the "B" side of the ER, plug an optical switch into the SFP cage on the "A" side of the ER and then plug the 3 endpoints into the switch ports?  

Will there be a benefit to doing that?  

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...