IGNORED

Article: MQA: A Review of controversies, concerns, and cautions

Bravo, Archimago, for this concisely well-written article!

For a number of years I've been a fan of linear-phase digital reconstruction filters.  My current DAC, the Auralic Vega, offers a linear-phase filter option that I use to the exclusion of other options.  Your article here, as well as postings on your site, have me thoroughly convinced of the sonic merits of linear-phase phase filters over all the other types.

I also recently did a speaker crossover shootout between IIR parametric filters and FIR linear-phase filters, at a retired colleague/friend's venue, and using a miniDSP 2x4 HD box to implement the crossover filters.  Guess which filter type came out on top?  Both filter sets have exactly the same frequency response, but the difference in phase response between the filters is clearly audible, at least within my circle of audiophile friends.

Thank you also for your "Audiophile Myth #260: The Detestable Digital Filter Ringing and Real Music...".  My friend and I resonate extremely strongly with this article.

I've been very satisfied with the sonic performance of my Auralic Vega, but if I'm to contemplate moving to another DAC, it will definitely need to have FIR linear-phase filter as a user option.  A DAC without linear-phase filter support will never get my money.  DACs featuring MQA will fail to make my list to begin with.

Congratulations, again!