IGNORED

The new generation UltraCap LPS-1.2: USER IMPRESSIONS and QUESTIONS thread

Hello all,

My UltraCap LPS 1.2 arrived a day early this evening.  Nice job by FedEx I guess :-).  

The UltraCap is used to power my ultraRendu which is feeding a Schiit Gungnir multibit DAC.  My immediate impressions are very positive.  I'd say that mico-detail  is up and background noise level is down.  I'm probably hallucinating but that is the caveated first impression.  I'll try swapping the wall-wart and UltraCap a chance this weekend to see if I can hear a dramatic difference.  

I was skeptical that the power source for the ultraRendu acting as a Roon endpoint would make a difference.  A new PS for the DAC causing a noticeable improvement would make sense.  If anyone would like to comment on why a good PS for the ethernet endpoint would change the sound other than psychosomatically, please post a reply.

Bottomline, I needed to power the ultraRedu somehow and this seams to be a good way to do so. Happy listening.

IMG_0372.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Superdad said:

Hi Harry:

Thanks for your nice report.  So glad you are enjoying the UltraCap LPS-1.2 in your music system!

You might want to sit tight on the "audiophile Ethernet switch" thing for a few months.  Were are working on something (yes a switch, but from the ground up, not a modification of anything) but we are not ready to discuss the details.  As usual for UpTone, it will be radically different, very effective, and a great value.  B|

Count me as interested.  The ultraRednu and LPS-1.2 are magic