IGNORED

The new generation UltraCap LPS-1.2: USER IMPRESSIONS and QUESTIONS thread

I'm not sure whether anyone else has tried this, if so file this under "very worthwhile improvement" and move on.

I'd been enjoying my Ultracap 1.2 for a few days and trying to decide whether I could repurpose my Ultracap 1 or if I should sell it ... long story short, it's not going anywhere!

Despite the fact that it only goes to a rated 7v and the supplied wall wart is rated as 9v, I figured it would be worth trying the Ultracap 1 on the business end (HiFi end) of one of my fiber media converters. Wowza!

I had been using an ifi power supply, which I will now move further upstream to the router side fiber media converter to see whether it makes a worthwhile improvement.

Every time I think there's nothing that can feasibly make a pair of LS-50s sing better, they defy that expectation. Now, from HiFi end fiber media converter, through Ultrarendu, LIO + VR120 and all the way to the LS-50's moving air, everything except the subwoofer is off the grid.

If you use fiber converters and have an Ultracap 1 knocking about, give it a try!