IGNORED

Blue or red pill?

2 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

On this one I appeal to a higher authority.Enlighten us Spacehound, how does "pretend science" deal with that?

I don't know  much  pretend science other  than  that in  a thoroughly recommended and highly amusing book called "Cults of Unreason" which I found in our IBM Research Lab :)

Plus  expensive audio cable  manufacturer's  nonsense  of course,  and some gibberish about FLAC and WAV (which we invented to digitally record  the  sound of NASA rockets).

4 minutes ago, sandyk said:

So now you are claiming credit for Josh Coalson's work too ?

You lack English comprehension skills, possibly because Australia doesn't have  a native language other than aborigine and I'm not posting in that.

"Gibberish about FLAC and WAV (which we invented.......)"

In our language such a  bracketed phrase   normally  only refers to  its immediate predecessor.

We don't claim  to have invented gibberish  either, though we find it useful in some of  our advertisements. 

9 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

I reject your analysis, perhaps because I know the man, perhaps because I find so little agreement in what you say.

People with strange ideas are often interesting 

I know a person who has been a devoted Communist all his life. When I compare the numbers  of their own non-military citizens killed  by Stalin vs Hitler (not that I am an advocate for either of them) he goes guiet.

(Or calls me a right-wing lunatic, which is  not dissimilar to sandyk's  standard  procedure if disagreed with.)

37 minutes ago, manisandher said:

Tone it down please.

Mani.

Please also tell him to do  the  same with his multiple direct insults to most people, including almost the world's entire body of electronic engineers, if not agreed with.

Mine wasn't even an insult, it was a  100% truthful remark about  difficulties many citizens of Australia might have, if a rather 'irreverent' one..

27 minutes ago, manisandher said:

OK enough.

@Spacehound, you're posting at a rate of well over 30 per day. Probably not healthy to be doing this. Maybe take a break from CA for a bit? If not, at least from this thread. Thanks.

Mani.

I do not entirely disagree with you.

However, please  tell neuroscience (just an example, I'm not picking on him) etc. that their posts on this thread are often no more relevant than mine. Further, most of mine are merely responses to theirs.  I try to avoid initiating things but am happy to be a party to whatever it is afterwards.

Also I started on topic and have asked sandyk  to go back to topic more than once.

On direct topic.

Instead of a multiple invitation, this has now descended into a one on  one event between you and mansr. And there is no more evidence on the ability/skills/method/bias/agenda  of either of you than there is on the many other people, including sandyk but not myself,  who  have investigated this stuff before.

6 minutes ago, manisandher said:

Descended? When was it ever anything but a one-on-one event between me and mansr? Read the OP.

There's no need to respond to this. Really.

Mani.

Fine I withdraw the  'descended'.

So it's just two guys of no publicly demonstrated or recognised  'audio'  expertise doing  a test on stuff that most others won't agree on.

So what?

32 minutes ago, manisandher said:

Descended? When was it ever anything but a one-on-one event between me and mansr? Read the OP.

There's no need to respond to this. Really.

Mani.

Further. I see you  waffling on about the speed of light, so pots and kettles come to mind., 

What is more,  much of what we thought we knew is not true.

I will 'divert'  the  thread  no longer. Please tell  yourself and the others to do  the same.

4 minutes ago, adamdea said:

fThis has already gone on for pages. If you want to understand my argument you'll have to read the posts.  Boradly there is reasonably accruate left right in a stereo recording, a bit of ambiguous depth and no height

You can get a bit of a sense of depth from the sound alone, but the sense you do get can be a lot more than that because of things other than the actual sound. 

I've got a recording  of 'Carlingord Loch' by a  Scottish bagpipe band.

The 'solo' piper at the start gradually walks forward, joins the others and only then do they  all start up.

I reckon  its done by turning the volume and the 'high end' down on the 'console'  and gradually increasing both. There's  not enough room where they did it for him to walk the distance it sounds like.