IGNORED

Upcoming Analogue Productions Ultra Tape releases for 2018

Obviously, this is CA, however, there are some R2R enthusiasts who are forum members and have an interest in this type of information.

Acoustic Sounds has announced four 2018 Ultra Tape releases, with more as of yet unspecified releases to come later in the year:

Folk Singer/Muddy Waters

Keep It To Ourselves/Sonny Boy Williamson

New York Album/Art Pepper

Once In My Life/Johnny Hartman

Prices will be $500 apiece

No one is asking anyone to open up their wallets or debate the value of such a purchase. I’m simply putting out information for the admittedly niche group of people who are interested in R2R Tape. Personally, I applaud Chad Kassem for going through the trouble of getting the rights for and producing such a high quality product.

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, firedog said:

Only sometimes. They don't always want or get the rights to put out a remaster in multiple formats. Rights to one format does not necessarily mean rights exist to put out the album in another format.

Just speculating, but i'd guess there are cases where to keep something exclusive they purposely limit the formats. 

However, every single Analogue Productions Reel to Reel release thus far has also made it to an AP SACD release as well. The limitation there is DSD64 after conversion with an OPPO device, etc.