IGNORED

Neil Young Archives On New Streaming Service

I find this to be quite a curious situation, in fact. And an incredible deal if those prices on the Warner Bros storefront hold and NYA/Orastream match them to boot.

Many, if not all, of the mainstream digital download stores are not remotely competitive with this. Just did a quick price comparison for the following album and found these results...

Neil Young - Storytone (Deluxe Edition) 192/24 FLAC:

Warner Bros Store  $13.99

Acoustic Sounds  $35.98

HDtracks  $34.98

7digital  $31.49

Roon Nucleus REV B -> DH Labs Mirage USB Cable -> Ayre QB-9 Twenty DAC -> SPL Elector Preamp -> Bryston 2.5 Cubed amp -> Magnepan 1.7i speakers + REL T9x

jonathan

Well, it appears that the U.S. NY/Warners store site is undergoing a reorganization and adjustment in pricing. Earlier, I purchased and downloaded Psychedelic Pill 192/24 FLAC for $9.99. (That's a 'double album' btw). All the other HD offerings I could see were similarly priced. Left to run some errands while it was downloading, figuring I'd probably grab a couple more titles when I returned home if all had turned out well. No such luck. All pricing has changed. My Psych Pill downloaded just fine and I'm listening to it now. Guess I ended up with a one-time deal as it's now listed for $25.99. All other titles showing have a similar 150% increase from what I'd seen earlier. That, and there seem to be titles missing that had been there before. The Storytone (Deluxe Version) I'd referenced before doesn't show on the main HD page, but it can be found by doing a search and it's now $32.98, not the $13.99 I'd seen earlier.

Seems like, in the end, it will prob be a case of Warner having messed up the pricing on their own site rather than NYA/Orastream's.

Roon Nucleus REV B -> DH Labs Mirage USB Cable -> Ayre QB-9 Twenty DAC -> SPL Elector Preamp -> Bryston 2.5 Cubed amp -> Magnepan 1.7i speakers + REL T9x

jonathan