IGNORED

Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital: MQA HW decoding at reasonable cost

I have an Audiolab 8200CD, also designed by John Westlake. The unit has internal power supplies, does not use power from the USB cable. I found that blocking the USB 5V pin improves the sound, making voices in particular sound more cohesive. This may be worth a try with the Pro-Ject box.

Initially I just blocked the USB A connector's 5V pin with electrical tape. I am now using an iFi Audio iDefender, which severs the 5V feed and helps with grounding if you have a problem (I don't). This is an inexpensive tweak and well worth a try.

PS My last CD player was another Lakewest design, the Cambridge IsoMagic/DacMagic. John helped me upgrade the power supply to amazing effect. I'm patiently waiting for the FDAC.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC.

48 minutes ago, RicaNeaga said:

PC - iDefender & LPS - good USB cable - iPurifier - DAC 

iFi recommend a USB 3.0 cable with the iDefender and iPurifier3. I'm using a cheap Belkin USB 3.0 cable in my headphone system with an iPurifier2.and Korg DAC and it sounds very good. IME, the iFi treatments are system dependent, so make sure you listen critically after break-in. 

"The better, faster USB3.0 connection equals even better sound quality."

https://ifi-audio.com/products/idefender3-0/

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

8 hours ago, RicaNeaga said:

Thanks, however the iPurifier3 has only ''USB2.0 High Speed output port''. Also the DAC has USB2.0 ports. So is really USB 3.0 a must in my case?

LE: Also found two cables available in my country - KáCsa KCS-UA-B and Roland RCC-3-UAUB.

The iPurifier3 has USB 2.0 output but USB 3.0 input. The 2.0 end connects to the DAC, the 3.0 end connects to the cable. I don't know the cables you linked. Roland is a well-respected pro audio brand but the cable you have shown is not USB 3.0. iFi say the speed of the 3.0 connection provides better noise processing. 

I bought this cable. I was very pleasantly surprised by the sound quality, warm and smooth. It may be available from Amazon in your country. At this price, it's worth a try?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003IRLYG6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Belkin replaced a dual head USB 2.0 cable, with power leg fed by a battery supply. This setup is much more convenient than a battery I needed to recharge, and even better sound quality. The freebie USB 3.0 cable that iFi supplied with my iOne DAC did not sound very good, so it's not just the 3.0 spec that matters.