IGNORED

Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital: MQA HW decoding at reasonable cost

Is no one using MQA decoding with this DAC?

I based my purchase on this forum and another one. There was an earlier mention of the problem, but it seemed fixed.

The problem is NOT fixed in 2.12 Firmware update. The last promised update never came.

I am having constant MQA drop outs. 70$ USB Cable and LPS doesn't matter. 

There goes 500$. As much as I want to like this product, it feels totally half-baked with its broken MQA decoding.

I would like the DAC to do full MQA decoding as its supposed to. I took a look at all three USB clean-up accessories you mentioned, and according to Audio Science Review they seem like snake oil. It seems stupid to keep throwing money at this DAC when most people report these issues without any guaranteed fix. I wonder if the Bluesound Node 2 has the same MQA issues? I might as well sell this thing and add 50$ to get a Node instead of spending another 200$ on another cable and USB plugin.

If I had the to burn I would try these products, but at this point it seems like I should just get a better DAC.

I was looking to buy a Pro-ject turntable in the near future, not anymore this company is totally black balled in my books.