IGNORED

How to copy Chesky Records disk

aivTO

I am just staring to put together a music server. I copied all my regular CDs but now see to not be able to copy the following disks: Chesky Records, 96/24 Super Audio Discs that are on DVD discs. I have to issues playing them on my Sony ES9000 DVD player. Is there a way to copy the and take advantage of the higher that CD resolution?

Thanks, John

Dual 2.3GHz G5 > 8GB ram > OS 10.5.8 > OCZ 60GB SSD + Barracuda ES2 1TB > Pure Music > iTunes > Lynx AES16 > Berkeley Alpha DAC V1 > Quicksilver V4 with KT-150 > Acoustat 6600 & DECCA ribbon tweeters DK30

Thanks for the info.

One more thing I am unsure of is how to keep the resolution. Does iTunes recognize 96/24?

Dual 2.3GHz G5 > 8GB ram > OS 10.5.8 > OCZ 60GB SSD + Barracuda ES2 1TB > Pure Music > iTunes > Lynx AES16 > Berkeley Alpha DAC V1 > Quicksilver V4 with KT-150 > Acoustat 6600 & DECCA ribbon tweeters DK30

I know this a basic simple things.

But how do I get it into iTunes Music Library. Do I just go Add to Library, and located were I have the files stored. Also I noticed Audio Ripper does not see to convert to AIFF files, do I need to convert first to say WAV file then using a difference app. convert to AIFF?

Thanks for your help.

I purchased,the DVD Audio Ripper, an issue that has come up is the disk does display 96KHz but under setting in the Audo Ripper the max resolution is 44KHz and 48KHz. So the files are being down sampled. I open up Audio MIDI set up and there also nothing above 48 KHz. I am running OS 10.411. Is it possible I would need a Lynx AES16 card to be able to convert from the DVDaudio disk (96/24) to a WAV file maintaining the resolution? I noticed at a Mac store OS Snow Lepard under MIDI settings it does give you the option for 96KHz.

thanks, John

If you need to convert anything over 48kHz, do not use DVD Audio Ripper. It down samples 96kHz to 44kHz. I found this out through their tech support.