IGNORED

iTunes control focus issue

Being one of those weirdos who likes being able to tab between controls so she doesn't have to keep reaching for the mouse to click "OK" or "Cancel", I always set Full Keyboard Access (in the Keyboard control panel in System Preferences) to "All controls". For every application except iTunes, this works fine.

As iTunes's version number has risen, so too has the number of controls one can tab to. Worse, when it wakes from appnap (which I'd've SWORN I turned off…), it assigns the control focus to a random control, usually the rewind/track back control. I can no longer "select all" in the Album View at all, no matter how many times I hit tab. I'm 99% certain this is NOT how iTunes is meant to behave.

What I'd like, ideally, is for iTunes to simply function the way I expect it to. Failing that, is there a way to exempt apps from the "All controls" setting? I would appreciate any help. I have not yet tried to rebuild my library (though I'm not sure why that would be the issue) and I'm running iTunes 12.2.1 on Mac OS X 10.10.4 on a late 2011 13" MacBook Pro.

Many thanks for any thoughts or assistance.