IGNORED

Spotify - anyone got it Bit Perfect out to external DAC?

Hi All,

I'm trying to get the PCM/Wave/I2S/whatever it is output from the Spotify player direct to my external DACs and bypassing KMixer for XP and the sound controls in 7.

I'm trying to send bit perfect to my Valab NOS and 0404USB DACs. Has anyone else been able to do this? The nearest I have got is with ReClock, but for some reason ReClock does not intercept PCM from MCE (something to do with ehshell.exe) and it looks like not for Spotify either. I have both XP and 7. ReClock can Kernel Stream / WASAPI Exclusive the PCM straight to the DAC normally.

Any advice on getting bit perfect with Spotify most appreciated!!

I'm not sure bit-perfect really matters with Spotify as it's a (lossy) compressed audio format.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Surely just ensurig all volumes are at 100% is sufficient for Spotify, and with Windows 7 set bit rate to 16/44.1.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.