IGNORED

Why Do People Come To Computer Audiophile To Display Their Contempt For Audiophiles?

13 minutes ago, Teresa said:

Still, I only see a claim of 5/5, no paper describing the test conditions and the results of all the people tested, I'm not saying it's not out there, I just have never seen the official paper.

So you are calling him and JA who took the test also liars. Ok.

What would the results of other people matter? As long as one person got 5/5, that debunks your myth.

Now you are saying everyone has the same hearing ability? No differences?

Can you run as fast as Usain Bolt, or are there differences in ability in a lot of areas?

don't see how getting a 100% on a test is the same as all participants getting all correct (100%) in a dedicated controlled ABX blind test of audible differences.

You're shifting the goalposts because your myth was busted. No one has every claimed a deaf person will score 100% in an AB blind listening test. Human hearing ability varies quite a bit.

There were no tests like that up to 2011 when I wrote my article.

IOW, you have no links. Just fact free woefully incorrect beliefs about subjects you have poor knowledge about.

What makes a $20 boombox sound like crap and my Infinity speakers sound realistic is not something one can hear AB'ing.

You mean you can't hear ABing. There are a lot of folks, including me, who would have zero problems identifying your Infinitys vs a boombox 100% 5/5, 10/10 which was playing in an blind AB test. When the differences are that large...and real.

5 minutes ago, Teresa said:

I don't believe, quick AB'ing back and forth does not work

Ok, jeez, that would have settled it way back. ;)

Yeah, me neither. It works great, makes things really easy to hear apart and is used extensively in all audio science. Plus it's great fun at club meets etc.

Have a good one Teresa.

9 minutes ago, Superdad said:

But multiple times earlier you said that you don't do blind tests AJ.  You said you don't have to because you trust your ears. 

I said I don't fear doing blind tests. I've done countless. Unfortunately, I can't help you with that severe reading comprehension issue. Sorry.

Yet when others (like me) tell you they do A/B tests (for far subtler things than speakers!), you dismiss them as being delusional about what they hear.  I smell a double-standard there...^_^

I smell a trip to the optometrist for you.

You have done blind AB tests? Self administered? The Harman, Philips, Klippel etc are real, not imaginary.

Yours?

By the way, in working on a new product, this weekend I was A/B/B-ing the difference between two values of a tiny 0402 capacitor (that's 1/4 the size of a grain of rice).  One was 1.0uF and the other 4.7V--and the application is just as a 2mm distant power supply bypass for the 1.2V feed to a USB hub chip.  Can't think of what bench measurement would show the difference (remember--the whole product is the sort the non-engineer "objectivists" deny makes any difference), but it took all of about 15 seconds for me to know which one sounded better.  I wen't back and forth a few times as usual to eliminate "memory error" (you know, ear/brain focus on one thing one time and something else the next), and the same version won out.

Which one?  Well I had to open the cases to pull the boards and look. (One case has a scratch on it so I did not get mixed up during A/B/A/B). So I essentially created a semi-blind test. 

Doesn't sound blind and I like the zero measurements correlation capacity thing, but ok, I'll play along. How does this not completely debunk Teresa's myth??

But what I have been doing here is about the same as what goes on in the offices and studios of hi-end audio manufacturers worldwide.

I don't doubt that, nor was that ever in question?

Measure and listen.

Well, minus the measure part.

They go hand in hand until you can't measure what you can hear.  (Of course it helps to have a good room, system, and trained ears.)  :D

And extremely potent imagination.