IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

I'm about to order USBridge to connect to the USB port on my Kef LS50W speakers to use as a Roon endpoint instead of Apple TV connected to TV and TV connected to Kefs by optical.

An already built and USB solution at low cost sounds perfect for me.  

Why would one choose DietPi or Volumio?  Apart from the discount  for DietPi.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The DarKo review of the DigiOne pushed me over the edge and I just ordered a USBridge using the 10% off code.  It will connect  to the USB port of my Kef LS50W's which I'm currently using with a SonicTransporter.

It seems this is at least the equal of some devices that are 2 or 3 times as much.  Of course they have the advantage of using off the shelf software and being made and sold from India.

2 minutes ago, ted_b said:

Is this patch for both (Volumio and DietPi)?  Is the conventional wisdom here on CA that DietPi is the OS of choice, due to better forum support from DietPi folk(s) and HQplayer and Roon support?

I have the same question.  My USBridge with DietPi arrives Tuesday.  

Just now, octaviars said:

@jtwrace if I am not totaly wrong you use the USB port that is on the atatched card to the Sparky.......the singe USB port is the one to use for the DAC otherwise you dont use the recklocked and separated USB port from the Sparky.

That’s correct and is the entire reason for the Sparky board. 

46 minutes ago, ted_b said:

I would assume no!  Plug into the bridge, not Sparky!  The pictures show a lone USB 2.0 port on the USB Bridge card (above the dual ones you mistakenly plugged into the first time).  I would think you'd stay away from any of the ports on the Sparky card.  The sq differences ought to be obvious.

usbridge.jpg

46 minutes ago, ted_b said:

I would assume no!  Plug into the bridge, not Sparky!  The pictures show a lone USB 2.0 port on the USB Bridge card (above the dual ones you mistakenly plugged into the first time).  I would think you'd stay away from any of the ports on the Sparky card.  The sq differences ought to be obvious.

usbridge.jpg

Yes the bridge. I said Sparky thinking it was the bridge...