IGNORED

New loudspeakers & room digital correction service

Hi Thierry et al,

Curious about using your service, I have a few questions but first a little context, I'll try to keep it brief. 

I'm new to convolution, I've been led here to check if there's a cheaper alternative to buying a DEQX. I have a pretty simple system: https://www.myhifiprofile.com/system/1 and I want to:

a. integrate subwoofers (line level inputs) with a low/high pass crossover

b. time align subs with mains

c. linearize phase of the mains 

d. room correct 

e. keep on using my Chord DAC for the mains
f. not under any circumstance introduce an extra AD/DA cycle

g. lossless (64bit) volume control in the digital domain (would have to be in the player). 

It's amazing to me that this is so hard to do, I guess most people are using (old) passive crossover to integrate their subs, no wonder "common audiophile wisdom" indicates subs are a bad idea because they are never seamlessly integrated... 

A DEQX can do all that by using one if it's digital outputs (to mains via Chord DAC / power amp) and analog outputs (to subs).

Hopefully I can achieve all of that with something like this https://www.minidsp.com/products/usb-audio-interface/u-dio8 and another DAC for the subs (going to be interesting time aligning all of this). Ideally I'd like to use the convolution engine in Roon (or I could do HQPlayer too if need be, though I don't own a license currently). 

My questions are:

1. Do I need a single set of filter that achieve all of the above or can I create a pipeline of filters? 

2. If the latter, where would your filters fit in the pipeline? 

3. Also related, I assume I need to provide measurements for you with the subs already crossed over and integrated?

4. Are your filters double precision? wav or dbl format?

Thank you!

Peter