IGNORED

J River Alternatives

13 hours ago, Ciamarasound said:

I used JRMC for years and now I'm strictly Roon and haven't looked back. It's by far the best user experience available.

I suspect that is true for most users. But, there have been a number of threads here and elsewhere criticizing Roon with large classical libraries, which invariably require a lot of manual tagging.

That is why I am sticking with JRiver.  I doubt if I use 10% of JR's features.  The other 90% is just clutter for now that can get in the way of ease of learning or ease of use, except I am past all that now.  Occasionally, I discover some really useful feature in JR amid the 90% that is new to me, but which has been there for ages.

It is also true that, though far less elegant or user friendly, the clunkier JRiver has feature/functionality  much, much wider than Roon.  I use JR for stereo and Mch music plus video from BD and Cable TV.  JRiver has enabled me to eliminate the A/V prepro, the disc player and the cable box from my system, while improving the audio/video quality going straight to DAC and TV monitor.

Roon is still quite far from supporting the feature set I need.

Oh, and the price for JRiver is a steal.