IGNORED

New Wadax Atlantis Line

4 hours ago, skids929 said:

Don't think for a second Mike doesn't get gear for free or for a SIGNIFICANT discount from dealers. To me that's a huge reason to move from the gear he moved from and basically advertise about it being the next best thing he's listened to all over WBF. 

Maybe it is better (subjective), I haven't had the chance to A/B and personally wouldn't want to drive myself batsh*t making those comparisons, too much hassle. I can say I listened to the Atlantis DAC extensively on CH precision gear, it was nice, but to my ear not for me, wasn't impressed at all quite honestly. Maybe it's the awful look of it shaping my minds-ear. 

I know the dealer who dealt with Mike regarding the WADAX and there was no freebie involved. As to a discount, I am not sure what he paid, but products with this kind of a price tag are obviously amenable to a bigger discount than lower priced items. I really don't know anyone who pays full retail for most of these high priced products. Additionally, there is always the issue of trade-in value of equipment. Just like buying a car when trading in another, it is not about what you get for the trade or what you pay for the new car but what the delta is as that is what is coming out of pocket and that number needs to meet the needs of both retailer and buyer. 

As an owner of an MSB Select who has not at this time heard a WADAX in "MY" system, I can't claim if it is better or worse, to my ears. However, the little I know of Mike, he is legitimate, he does his leg work and actually listens to music rather than just the equipment and I trust him when he has an opinion and wouldn't be so quick to assign motives behind his decisions, which you are doing. 

33 minutes ago, skids929 said:

Everyone knows the dealer he got it from, no surprise you do as well...And yes I am absolutely assigning motives. Any other observations you'd like to share? 

Yeah that your talking out of your rear end and casting aspersions and making petulant observations to prop up your system and supposed knowledge for whatever sophomoric reasons. 

how is that. More direct?

If you love your MSB or whatever it is you own so much WTF do you care what Mike likes or doesn’t like or what he chooses to buy or not. 

13 minutes ago, skids929 said:

🤣

Rationalize much? Prop up my own system that is clearly inferior to anything like what he has? I think not, but again..Rationalize much? Difference is I don't have a micro penis and need to run around showing off my system, and then run around stating how it's the best thing going. 

Why do you care so much what I care where he gets it and the opinions he gives on it? You sound like your butthurt. I am just pointing out, as you all kiss his ring, that these reviews and opinions aren't exactly uncolored. Some of us who have been around a long time know the deal.. Guy rants all over the internet that whatever he has is suddenly the best thing. Who really gives a sh*t what someone who get's free and deeply discounted CNO gear thinks. You seem too though. Sorry if touched a button with you. 

I could care less what the guy has and what he listens to and to a certain extent share your perspective about people kissing his ring but I could care less

However, to my knowledge he never posted here and his observations both solicited and unsolicited were copy and pasted here.